Add an email account
If you haven't already set up an email account in Mail, you might be prompted to add one when you open the app. If you're not prompted, or you just want to add another account, follow these steps:
- From the menu bar in Mail, choose Mail > Add Account.
- Select your email provider from the list, then click Continue.
- Some accounts, such as Google, might ask that you click Open Browser to complete authentication in your web browser.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter account details, such as your name, email address, and password. If you're not sure what information to enter, please contact your email provider for help.
Use the Inbox for each account
The Inbox gathers together the messages for every email account you added. If you added more than one account, you can click the disclosure triangle next to Inbox in the sidebar, then select a mailbox to see only the messages for that account.
It works with email services like Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud and pretty much anything that supports POP3 or IMAP protocols (I’m looking at you HEY Email). However, if you want a Mac email client that has both a beautiful design & a feature-rich approach, you have to look no further than Spark.
Best Mail App For Mac
Optional: Turn on other account features
Mail Client For Macbook
If your account includes support for contacts, calendars, notes, or other features in addition to email, you can turn those features on or off:
- The best personal email client. Revolutionary email for teams. Available on: I want. Take control of your inbox. Intelligent email prioritization, noise reduction, and the most advanced email tools at your disposal. App Store and Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.
- Free: Email Tray is a simple and basic Email Client and all its features are free to use which is why it is one of the best email clients for Windows Phone as well as for desktop. Superhuman – Email Client for Mac 💻.
- If you're running Mac OS X version 10.10 or later, follow these steps to set up an Exchange email account: Open Mail, and then do one of the following: If you've never used Mail to set up an email account, the Welcome to Mail page opens. If you've used Mail to create email accounts, select Mail.
- Zoho Mail Desktop App for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Zoho Mail desktop lite client is available for your PCs. Get the comfort of the webmail features and enhancements right in your desktop, without the distractions that come with it. Download Zoho Mail for Windows, Mac, and Linux right here.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.
- Select your account in the sidebar.
- Select the features you want to use with your account.