'How can I record the audio for a radio station I'm streaming live? I don't want to record the sound in my room, but only the sound I'm streaming.' - from Apple Support Communities
It is a common question that many Apple users encounter when they want to record music from audio in their browser, system audio or application on Mac. How to record streaming audio Mac? This step-by-step guide will illustrate how to capture streaming audio Mac.
Solution 1: Record Streaming Audio Mac with Leawo Music Recorder for Mac
Apowersoft Audio Recorder. Apowersoft Audio Recorder is simple recording software for both beginners & pro users. The software is dedicated to recording all sorts of sounds on your Mac. Its advanced features even allow users to record streaming audio, radio, VoIP calls and more through speakers & microphone.
- How to Record Streaming Audio on Mac. To capture streaming audio on your Mac, you can take advantage of Apple's QuickTime Player available on every Mac. Yes, it's is not just a video player. With the assistance of it, you can even record yourself through the FaceTime camera, record the screen, and most notably, record internet audio.
- How to Record Streaming Audio with iMusic iMusic is compatible with macOS 10.5 or later, including macOS 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 EL Capitan and 10.10 Yosemite, and Windows 10. The initial thing is to download and install this streaming audio recorder software. Then you can follow the tutorial below to finish streaming audio recording.
- Ondesoft Audio Recorder for Mac A powerful Mac Audio Recorder - record any audio and applications Ondesoft Audio Recorder is a powerful and easy-to-use Mac audio recording software, with it, you can capture and record audio from any application on Mac (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Skype, iChat, iTunes, Apple Music, VLC, QuickTime, FaceTime), record streaming music from YouTube, Apple Music.
- Record streaming audio free download - Audio Hijack Pro, Backtrack - Record Past Audio, VLC Media Player, and many more programs. Apowersoft Mac Audio Recorder.
With intuitive and easy-to-use interface, Leawo Music Recorder for Mac offers a comprehensive solution to record streaming audio Mac. The streaming recorder Mac is able to record any audio played on Mac, including local audio, online audio and microphone audio, radio streaming audio, etc. If you are not convenient, the embedded Task Scheduler helps you automatically record streaming audio Mac by setting start time and duration. The Mac streaming audio recorder also has an Auto-filter to remove ads in the recording and music tag editor to allow users to manually add and edit music tags like title, song name, artist, etc. What's more, Leawo Music Recorder supports to export audio in the output format of WAV, MP3 and M4A.
Leawo Music Recorder
☉ Record any sound from computer and microphone audio.
☉ Record music from 1000+ music sites: YouTube, Facebook, etc.
☉ Schedule music recording via the recording task scheduler.
☉ Automatically/manually add music tags: artist, album, etc.
☉ Save recordings to either WAV/MP3/W4A format.
Download and install this Mac MP3 recorder software on your Mac computer and then launch it. It works on Mac OS 10.6 and later. Here's how this streaming audio recorder Mac captures streaming audio Mac.
Step 1. Choose output directory
Head to Leawo Music Recorder > Preferences > General to set output directory in the 'Output' box.
Step 2. Select output format
On the same panel, click 'Format' to choose the output format of WAV, MP4 and MP3. The parameters like 'Bit Rate' and 'Sample Rate' can be changed on the panel.
Step 3: Set audio source
Tap on the little microphone icon at bottom left to choose 'Record Built-in Audio' or 'Record computer Audio' in 'Audio Source' panel. We are going to record streaming audio, thus we can choose 'Record Computer Audio'.
Step 4. Start to record streaming audio on Mac
Prepare streaming audio you need to record, then click the red button at top left to start to record streaming audio Mac. You can play streaming audio now. When you finish recording, you can click the recording button to stop recording.
Step 5. Add music tags if needed
Go to Leawo Music Recorder > Library > All Recordings, then all recordings will show in the right interface. Right click the recording you need to edit to choose 'Edit Music Tags' to edit music tags like song title, artist name, genre, etc.
For Windows computer, please turn to Leawo Music Recorder to record MP3 audio on Windows computer with ease.
Solution 2: Record Streaming Audio Mac with Soundflower
As we all know, Mac has no built-in ability to record streaming audio. However, Soundflower can be worked as input or output device that allows Apple users to record streaming audio and different application to send or receive audio at the same time. It supports 2 and 16 channel audio and usually 2-channel one is enough for users. Soundflower is able to record both voices in the interviews. For example, it can record both voices of an interview via Skype. Besides, Soundflower can be used to record streaming audio from applications or websites like iTunes and Spotify. This streaming recorder Mac might be a little tricky when you first use it and sound may have interference at first.
1. Make sure you have Soundflower and another sound recorder (for example: Audacity) installed on Mac.
2. Click Apple Menu to go to System Preferences > Sound > Output, then select Soundflower(2ch) as the device for sound output. Launch Soundflower on Mac and a flower icon will appear on Mac bar. Tap on flower icon and choose 'Audio Setup' to ensure that Soundflower(2ch) is the default built-in output.
3. Open another sound recorder. Here we take Audacity as an example. After launching the software, go to Edit > Preferences > Devices and select Soundflower(2ch) as the recording device. Then go to Quality to change sample rate and quality.
4. Back to the main interface and click the red circular button to start recording and you can play streaming audio. When finishing recording, you can click the brown square button at top left to stop recording.
5. Go to File > Export to save audio in the target output directory. The file can be saved in various output formats like MP3, WAV, OGG, AC3, etc.
Mac Audio Recorder Download
In comparison, Leawo Music Recorder is easier to use, for it can record streaming audio Mac on its own. However, users have to download other recorders to record streaming audio with Soundflower.
Best Free Mac Audio Recorder
Leawo Music Recorder is featured by recording any audio from any audio sources and setting bit rate and sample rate to adjust sound quality. It can also automatically download audio tags and allows users to edit music tags. Soundflower is simply an input device and output device. It is used to transfer audio when Mac has no built-in ability to record streaming audio. In terms of itself, it doesn't possess the ability to independently record audio.