Nintendo ROMs to Download for free on your PC, Mac and mobile devices. Play NES games like Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Bros, Zelda - The Legend Of Zelda and Contra.
Nestopia is a very accurate NES emulator for Mac OS X. With the exception of Game Genie emulation, it does not feature any extraneous features like a debugger or advanced palette features and just focuses on. Nintendulator (Windows) Nintendulator is a great emulator for those who are looking for near-exact.
|Initial release||June 14, 2003; 17 years ago|
|Operating system||Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
Nestopia is an open-sourceNES/Famicomemulator designed to emulate the NES hardware as accurately as possible.
The requirements for Nestopia were considered higher than some of its contemporaries such as Stella. In order to run an optimal emulation, the program requires a minimum 800 MHz processor. Its high requirement is due to its accurate emulation of the NES hardware. The emulator will play most ROMs and has a strong port for the Apple Macintosh.[self-published source?]
Nestopia allows customization of colors, sounds, and graphics. It includes special features such as Power Glove. Brandon Widdler of Digital Trends considers the emulator one of the best for the NES, though he admits that it has fewer features than its rival FCEUX.
|Initial release||January 22, 2013; 7 years ago|
1.49 / June 25, 2018; 2 years ago
|Operating system||Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
Nestopia was originally developed for Windows by Martin Freij. Richard Bannister and R. Belmont later ported it to Mac OS X and Linux, respectively. Original development ended in 2008, but an unofficial fork called Nestopia UE continued it for another decade (with a final source code only version 1.50 showing up a few years later). 
- ^Nestopia 1.00 binaries and sources have been released!
- ^Official website
- ^ ab'Part 1: The 8-bit console classics'. Game Pro. 2013-04-20. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- ^Stevens, Kenneth (2008). The Emulation User's Guide. Lulu.com. ISBN978-1435753730.
- ^Brandon Widder (2013-04-20). 'Best Emulators (NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and more)'. Digital Trends. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- ^ abnestopiaue - Browse Files
- ^Innocent Bystander (2011-06-20). 'Play Classic Nintendo Games On Your Computer With The Nestopia Emulator'. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- ^Craig Snyder (2012-05-04). 'Emulating & Playing Classic NES Games On Your Computer With Nestopia'. MakeUseOf. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
Nestopia Emulator For Mac
- Official website