Screenshot of Microsoft Word 2004 on an Intel-based Mac in Mac OS X v10.4 'Tiger' through Rosetta
|Initial release||May 11, 2004; 16 years ago|
Product Activation remained absent from Office for Mac releases until it was introduced in Office 2011 for Mac. Microsoft Office 2003 (Office 11.0) was released in 2003. It featured a new logo. Two new applications made their debut in Office 2003: Microsoft InfoPath and OneNote. It is the first version to use new, more colorful icons.
- Microsoft offers a wide variety of Word templates for free and with no hassle. Whether you’re planning a holiday party, in charge of the school newsletter, or want a matching resume and cover letter combination, you can find templates for Word that fit your needs.
- Microsoft office 2003 free download - Microsoft Teams for Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2003, Upgrading to Microsoft Office 2003, and many more programs.
|CPU||PowerPC G3 or higher|
|Operating system||Mac OS X v10.2.8 through v10.6.8|
|Free hard disk space||450 MB|
Office 2004 for Mac is a version of Microsoft Office developed for Mac OS X. It is equivalent to Office 2003 for Windows. The software was originally written for PowerPC Macs, so Macs with Intel CPUs must run the program under Mac OS X's Rosetta emulation layer. For this reason, it is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 and newer.
Office 2004 was replaced by its successor, Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, which was developed as a universal binary to run natively on Intel Macs. However, Office 2008 did not include support for Visual Basic for Applications, which made Microsoft extend the support period of Office 2004 from October 13, 2009 to January 10, 2012. Microsoft ultimately shipped support for Visual Basic in Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, which also dropped PowerPC support altogether. Support for Office 2004 ended January 10, 2012.
Microsoft Office for Mac 2004 is available in three editions: Standard, Professional, and Student and Teacher. All three editions include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage. The Professional Edition adds Virtual PC. The Student and Teacher Edition cannot be upgraded, which means when a later version of Office is released, people who purchased the Student and Teacher edition must buy a new package.
Microsoft Word is a word processor which possesses a dominant market share in the word processor market. Its proprietary DOC format is considered a de facto standard, although its successive Windows version (Word 2007) uses a new XML-based format called .DOCX, but has the capability of saving and opening the old .DOC format.
The new Office Open XML format was built into the next version of Office for Mac (Office 2008). However, it is also supported on Office 2004 with the help of a free conversion tool available from Microsoft.
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program. Like Microsoft Word, it possesses a dominant market share. It was originally a competitor to the dominant Lotus 1-2-3, but it eventually outsold it and became the de facto standard for spreadsheet programs.
Microsoft Entourage is an email application. Its personal information management features include a calendar, address book, task list, note list, and project manager. With Entourage 2004, Microsoft began offering a Project Center, which allows the user to create and organize projects. Information may come from within Entourage or outside the program.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular presentation program used to create slideshows composed of text, graphics, movies and other objects, which can be displayed on-screen and navigated through by the presenter or printed out on transparencies or slides. It too possesses a dominant market share. Movies, videos, sounds and music, as well as wordart and autoshapes can be added to slideshows.
Included with Office 2004 for Mac Professional Edition, Microsoft Virtual PC is a hypervisor which emulates Microsoft Windowsoperating systems on Mac OS X which are PowerPC-based. Virtual PC does not work on Intel-based Macs and in August 2006, Microsoft announced it would not be ported to Intel-based Macintoshes, effectively discontinuing the product as PowerPC-based Macintoshes are no longer manufactured.
Images inserted into any Office 2004 application by using either cut and paste or drag and drop result in a file that does not display the inserted graphic when viewed on a Windows machine. Instead, the Windows user is told 'QuickTime and a TIFF (LZW) decompressor are needed to see this picture'. Peter Clark of Geek Boy's Blog presented one solution in December 2004. However, this issue persists in Office 2008.
There is no support for editing right to left and bidirectional languages (such as Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, etc.) in Office 2004. This issue has not been fixed in Office 2008 or 2011 either.
- ^'Download Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.6.6 Update'. Download Center. Microsoft. December 13, 2011. Archived from the original on July 5, 2012.
- ^ ab'Microsoft Support Lifecycle'. Support. Microsoft. Retrieved April 28, 2013.
- ^Tedesco, Mike (October 12, 2009). 'Office 2004 Mainstream Support Has Been Extended'. Mactopia. Microsoft. Archived from the original on October 17, 2009. Retrieved October 12, 2009.
- ^'MS11-072: Description of the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.2.1: September 13, 2011'. Support. Microsoft. September 13, 2011.
- ^Clark, Peter (December 6, 2004). 'QuickTime and a TIFF (LZW) decompressor are needed to see this picture'. Geek Boy's Blog. Archived from the original on May 10, 2013. Retrieved October 12, 2009.Alt URL
- ^Heard, Chris (September 27, 2007). 'It's official: no RTL support in Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac'. Higgaion. Archived from the original on October 11, 2007. Retrieved October 12, 2009.
- ^Morgenstern, David (August 8, 2010). 'Microsoft boosts languages, proofing tools in Office 2011 for Mac, Unicode right-to-left support missing'. ZDNet. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
Office 2003 Download Free Latest Version for Windows. It is full offline installer standalone setup of Office 2003 Download Free for 32/64.
Office 2003 Overview
Office 2003 is the classic version of Microsoft Office and it is developed under the banner of tech giant Microsoft. MS Office has been around for quite some time and Microsoft has always provided its users with the best product ever. There are many Office versions released by now but Microsoft Office 2003 is still fresh because of its simplicity and its speed.
This Office version is best for low performance PCs and it supports them. It includes all the necessary components of Office and when you will see MS Word and MS Excel you will not see many changes in them. But MS Outlook has been changed completely. There is an inclusion of reading layout in the MS Word and it really helps when you switch it to show the document in two page view. This view helps when you are reading a long document and you can do it fast. There is also an addition of ClearType technology in this software. All in all this software is very productive and easy to use for the professionals.
Microsoft Office For Mac 2003
Features of Office 2003
Below are some noticeable features which you’ll experience after Office 2003 free download.
- Its the classic version of Office 2003.
- It has all the necessary components of MS Office.
- It has MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- There is an addition of reading layout in MS Word.
- ClearType technology is also added in it.
Office 2003 Technical Setup Details
- Software Full Name: Office 2003 Download Free
- Setup File Name: MS_Office_2003.zip
- Full Setup Size: 288 MB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
- Latest Version Release Added On: 19th Jun 2017
- Developers: Office
System Requirements For Office 2003
Before you start Office 2003 free download, make sure your PC meets minimum system requirements.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Memory (RAM): 256 MB of RAM required
- Hard Disk Space: 400 MB of free space required
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or faster
Office 2003 Download Free
Click on below button to start Office 2003 Free Download. This is complete offline installer and standalone setup for Office 2003. This would be compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit windows.